Connecting your phone directly to your computer is not the only way to transfer photos. If your USB port is an old one, transferring big photo files can be really time consuming.
How to Transfer Photos From an Android Phone to a Mac
Since older Apple computers do not have a standard USB port, the first thing you should take care of is finding the right cord that will convert a mini-USB on your phone to whatever your Mac input port is OK with.
Android developers have good news for us, their Android File Transfer is a built-in program that will transfer large photos for you easily. The transfer time also depends on the cord you use. Amazon carries every type of cord you can think of, so you can choose the one that fits your computer in no time.
Open the Applications folder on your Mac and just follow these steps:
- Download Android File Transfer and install it. The installation usually takes a few minutes.
- Using a cord, connect your Android phone to your computer
- The software will help you see all the files stored on your phone on the computer. Transfer big files with the drag and drop function.
How to Transfer Photos from an Android Phone to a PC
The best combination of equipment for easily transferring big photo files is an Android phone and a Windows computer. With this pair, all you need is a cord that usually comes with all Android phones and no special software.
Follow the steps below and remember that the transferring speed equally depends on the cord you use and the USB port on your PC.
- Unlock your phone and tap to allow the computer to have access to the files on your phone.
- When you see a pop-up window on your PC, click on it to open the folder with all your files and choose the ones you want to transfer.
- If you prefer to open the phone’s folder from My Computer, remember that typically the photos are stored in a DCIM folder on your Android device.
How to Transfer Photos from an iPhone to a Mac
Another good match when it comes to equipment is any iOS device and a Mac computer. There’s no need to look for the right cord in this case, just use the one that came with your iPhone.
How to Transfer Photos from Your iPhone to a PC
Luckily, transferring photos from iPhone to PC isn’t that hard. All you need is to install iTunes on your PC first.
iTunes is installed and ready? Follow these steps:
- Unlock your iPhone
- There may appear a small pop-up on your phone asking if it’s OK to trust the connected PC. Click ‘Trust’ to allow it to get access to iPhone’s files.
- In most cases, iTunes will open automatically at this point, but if it doesn’t, just launch it manually.
- Select all the photos you need to copy and paste them in the proper folder on your PC.
How to Transfer Big Photo Files Online
If you need to transfer a large number of really big photos to someone online, there’s no better way than using FileWhopper.com. You can group your photos into folders and drag and drop directly to the upload page open in your browser. Don’t worry about the size, as this service allows you to easily transfer up 1 Tb!
Software to Help You Transfer Large Files
There are actually a lot of third-party programs that help transfer files from your phone to computer. Since we don’t normally do it that often, paying for such software doesn’t seem very smart. On Giveaway Club you can get some premium programs for free, just monitor the giveaways and pick the software you need.