Once the FileWhopper file or folder transfer has been created and paid, you can start uploading your data. This article provides a step-by-step guide to the upload process.
Step 1 - Choose the upload method
Go to your FileWhopper account and click the START TRANSFER button to start the upload process.
If you are sending a file under 20GB in size, you will have the option to upload it with the FileWhopper app or directly from your web browser. Click on the corresponding button to make your choice.
Choose the FileWhopper app if:
- You need your data to be securely encrypted
- Your Internet connection is sometimes unstable
- You want minor interruptions to be resolved automatically while you are away
- You want your recipient to start downloading the data before you finish uploading it
Upload directly from your browser if:
- You have a small file or folder
- Your Internet connection is good and stable
- You don’t need data encryption during the transfer
- You want the simplest upload and download process
If you are sending a folder or a file over 20GB, you can only send it via the FileWhopper app, which facilitates stable upload and automatically resolves the most common upload issues.
Step 2 - Start uploading
To upload with your browser:
- Click on the ‘Select file’ button and choose the file you want to send
- Click the ‘Start’ button to start uploading
- Use the ‘Pause’ and ‘Resume’ buttons if you need to pause the upload.
- Copy and share the download link with your recipient once the upload is complete
Please note that if your Internet goes down or another error occurs, your upload progress will be saved, but you’ll have to select the path to the file once again.
To upload with the FileWhopper app:
- Click on the download button to download your FileWhopper app that will facilitate the upload
- Launch the app and select the file or folder you want to send. To secure the transfer, your file or folder will be encrypted with a password. The password is automatically generated inside the app and is not transmitted to our servers; you can also create your own password using anything between 6 and 64 characters.
- Then click the PROCEED WITH UPLOAD button.
- Drag and drop or click to choose the same file or folder you’ve submitted for a quote, then click the START UPLOAD button.
- Once the upload starts, you will be prompted to save the download link and the password or share them with the recipient right away. You can save your download link and password in a .txt file, copy them to your clipboard, save or share this data any other way you like. Click any option button to proceed. FileWhopper allows the recipient to start downloading the data while the upload is still in progress. This is very convenient when you need to send a really large file or folder, and the recipient needs it downloaded ASAP.
Note: The upload might take some time, especially if you have a large file.
You have the option to shut down your PC when the upload is finished, which can also be canceled later if needed.
- When the file upload is complete, double-check that you’ve saved or shared your download link and password, or click the SHARE button to copy, save or email this information. Once you close the app, it automatically gets deleted from your computer.
Please keep in mind
The payment for a large file or folder transfer only covers a transfer to a single recipient, unless additional services are included in the same transaction. If a download is already in progress, the link gets disabled for all other users, unless additional downloads have been ordered and paid for by the sender. Once the file or folder is downloaded, it is deleted from the server.
While your file is uploading:
- Do not remove or change your file or folder location! Do not modify the file, or files in the folder, until the upload is complete.
- You have an option to pause your upload and resume it on demand.
- The app’s window can be minimized and the transfer will continue in the background. You can track the transfer progress in your online account.
- You can share the link and password with the recipient(s) while your upload is still in progress. One download is included in the price unless additional downloads have been purchased.
- Your 14 days of storage period starts from the moment the upload begins. After that, your file or folder is deleted unless additional days of storage have been purchased.