How to upload your file or folder with FileWhopper
Once the FileWhopper file or folder transfer has been created and paid, you can start uploading your data. This article provides a step-by-step guide to the upload process.
Step 1 - Choose the upload method
Go to your FileWhopper account and click the Upload button to start the upload process.
Choose the FileWhopper app if:
- You are sharing sensitive or important data and need the most secure encryption
- Your Internet connection is sometimes unstable
- You want minor interruptions to be resolved automatically while you are away
- You want your recipient to start downloading the data before you finish uploading it
Choose your browser if:
- If you are sending a file under 20GB in size
- Your Internet connection is good and stable
- You are okay with standard encryption of your data
- You want the simplest upload and download process
Step 2 - Start uploading
To upload with your browser.
Video instruction here:
Click on the ‘Select file’ button and choose the file you want to send
- Set a secure password from 6 to 64 characters long to protect your data once you see the ‘Set and Save your password’ screen
- Use the ‘Pause’ and ‘Resume’ buttons if you need to pause the upload.
- Copy the download link and share it, along with the password, with your recipient once the upload is complete.
Please note that if your Internet goes down or another error occurs, your upload progress will be saved, but you’ll have to select the path to the file once again. If you forget or lose the password, there will be no way to restore or reset it, so make sure you have it saved or memorized.
To upload with the FileWhopper app.
Video instruction here:
- Launch the app and select the file or folder you want to send. To secure the transfer, your file or folder will be encrypted with a password. The password is automatically generated inside the app and is not transmitted to our servers; you can also create your own password using anything between 6 and 64 characters.
- Then click the PROCEED WITH UPLOAD button. You can save your download link and password in a .txt file
- Drag and drop or click to choose the same file or folder you’ve submitted for a quote, then click the START UPLOAD button.
- FileWhopper allows the recipient to start downloading the data while the upload is still in progress. This is very convenient when you need to send a really large file or folder, and the recipient needs it downloaded ASAP.
Note: The upload might take some time, especially if you have a large file.
You have the option to shut down your PC when the upload is finished, which can also be canceled later if needed.
- When the file upload is complete, double-check that you’ve saved or shared your download link and password, or click the SHARE button to copy, save or email this information. Once you close the app, it automatically gets deleted from your computer.
Please keep in mind
The payment for a large file or folder transfer only covers a transfer to a single recipient, unless additional services are included in the same transaction. If a download is already in progress, the link gets disabled for all other users, unless additional downloads have been ordered and paid for by the sender. Once the file or folder is downloaded, it is deleted from the server.
While your file is uploading:
- Do not remove or change your file or folder location! Do not modify the file, or files in the folder, until the upload is complete.
- You have an option to pause your upload and resume it on demand.
- The app’s window can be minimized and the transfer will continue in the background. You can track the transfer progress in your online account.
- You can share the link and password with the recipient(s) while your upload is still in progress. One download is included in the price unless additional downloads have been purchased.
- Your 14 days of storage period starts from the moment the upload begins. After that, your file or folder is deleted unless additional days of storage have been purchased.