How to Download a Facebook Video Without Using Any Software
In this article, we will show you how to download a Facebook video for free without having to use any software or pay a single cent. This matter has been bothering people for years as the platform on its own doesn’t have an option to let users download videos. Downloading someone else’s Facebook video can be a bit tricky, especially if you are not familiar with professional ways of getting things done online. If you are clueless about where to start, just keep reading. With the help of IT gurus, we have come up with the best and safest means of downloading any Facebook video for free. Before we get into the matter, let’s first make something clear. For starters, to be able to download a video, it has to be public, and it’s only the owner or uploader who can make it public. Videos posted by friends and set to be only visible to friends can’t be downloaded, and if anyone tells you otherwise, chances of their service not working are high.
The method we have selected works on iPhone, desktop, and Android gadgets. There is no need for you to download and install any software as this method will use a site called SaveFrom. Now that we have cleared the air, let’s get started.
How to Download a Facebook Video to a Windows 10 PC
To download a Facebook video to your computer, you should first access your Facebook account. To log in to your Facebook account, enter the following URL into your browser and press enter: www.facebook.com. If your log-in credentials have been saved on the browser, it will automatically log you in and redirect you to the News Feed page. If not automatically logged in, you should enter your email or phone number connected to your Facebook account and the password and then click on Log in.
After successfully logging in to your Facebook account, you can download the video of interest by following these steps:
- Search for the video you wish to download by either scrolling through your News Feed or inserting the video poster’s name into the search bar to check for it on their profile.
- Once you have found the video, ensure that it is set to Public. Look for a globe icon beneath the poster’s name. If instead of the globe icon, you see a lock or two-person silhouette, then you will not be able to download the video.
- Once confirmed, you can hover your mouse cursor over the video and right-click on it to bring up a drop-down menu.
a. Mac users can also use the Ctrl + Left Mouse Click shortcut.
b. If you are using a trackpad instead of a mouse, then you can tap on the trackpad using 2 fingers. Alternatively, you can press on the bottom right side of the trackpad.
4. On the drop-down menu, check for Show video URL and click on it. This will launch a small pop-up box showing the Facebook video’s link.
5. Copy this link by clicking on it to highlight it and then press Ctrl + C. For Mac users, press Command + C. This will automatically copy the link to the clipboard.6. Now that you have copied the link, open a new tab on your browser and access the following link: https://en.savefrom.net/. This is a website that allows you to download Facebook videos using the provided links.
7. Insert the copied link by clicking on Just insert a link! and then pressing Ctrl + V. Mac users should press Command + V. A preview icon for the video will appear within a short moment underneath the text field.
8. Click on the green Download button located just below the video’s preview window. By clicking on the Download button, your video will begin downloading, prompting you to select your preferred storage location. The site will auto-select the highest possible video quality. However, you can change the quality of the video by selecting v located on the right side of the MP4 HD text.
How to Download a Facebook Video on Android
Android users can download a Facebook video by first installing the ES File Explorer application. This is a common file manager app that allows users to store downloaded Facebook videos in their Photos app. To install this app, you need to follow these steps:
a. Access the Google Play Store.
b. Into the search bar, insert ES File Explorer.
c. On the list of results, look for and tap on ES File Explorer.
d. Select Install, and then tap on Accept if prompted to begin downloading and installing the app.
Access your Facebook account via the Facebook app (assuming you already installed it). Tap on the Facebook icon, and if already logged in, the app will take you straight to your News Feed. If not logged in, you can simply enter your email or phone number and the password to log in.
Now, access the video you wish to download by scrolling down your News Feed or heading over to the profile of the video poster.
Once you have found the video, confirm that it is set to Public. You can do this by checking if there is a globe icon below. If there is no globe icon but you see a lock or two-person silhouette, then you will not be able to download the video.
Tap the Play button on the video to begin playing it. This part is important as proceeding without playing the video may give you a broken link.
While the video is playing, find the Share button located below the video and tap on it. A drop-down menu will pop up.
Select Copy Link on the menu, and the video’s URL will be automatically copied to the clipboard.
Access Google Chrome or any other browser that you use on your device. Type savefrom.net in the address bar and tap Enter or Go to proceed.
Once you reach the site, tap on the text field to bring up the typing cursor. You can either long press on the text field or tap it once when your keyboard has appeared to bring up the pop-up menu that features Paste. Tap Paste and Go. If there is an advert, just ignore it and proceed.
A green button will appear in the middle of the screen. Tap on Download, and the video will begin downloading automatically. The site will select the highest available quality. Note that you can change this. Just tap MP4 HD and select another option from the list.
Now, you can close Chrome and head over to the ES File Manager app on your device. Tap on the icon of the app to open it. Choose your storage option: tap either Internal or SD Card.12. Select Downloads. Once you have found the video of interest, you can then move it to your Gallery.
How to Download a Facebook Video on iPhone
- Get the Documents app from the App Store. Search for documents in the App Store and make sure you are getting the right app by confirming it is developed by Readdle.
- Once you have installed the app, access Facebook. Tap on the Facebook app icon on your app tray. If already logged in, you will be taken straight to the News Feed. If not logged in, you will be prompted to insert your login credentials, which are either your email address or phone number accompanied by your password.
- Go to the video you wish to download by either scrolling through the News Feed until you find it or searching for the video poster’s name to find the video on their profile.
- Once you have found the video, confirm that it is set to Public. You can do this by checking if there is a globe icon below. If there is no globe icon but you see a lock or two-person silhouette, then you will not be able to download the video.
- Tap the Play button on the video to begin playing it. This part is important as proceeding without playing the video may give you a broken link.
- While the video is playing, navigate to the Share button located below the video and tap on it. A drop-down menu will pop up.
- Select Copy Link, which is on the menu, to copy the video’s URL to the iPhone’s clipboard.
- Now you can access the Documents app by tapping on its icon in your app tray.
- Access your Safari or Chrome browser depending on your preference, and in the text bar located on the top of the screen, input savefrom.net.
- Once you are on the website, paste the video link into the text field, and if an advert appears, just close it.
- Select Download on the green button that appears in the middle of the screen below the video’s preview. Select your preferred video quality or rather leave it if you don’t mind getting the highest possible quality.
- Tap on Done located in the top-right corner.
- Locate the downward-facing Downloads arrow on the bottom-right side of the screen and tap on it. This is where you should be able to monitor your download progress and access the download history.
- Once the video has completed downloading, you can find the name of the video under the Downloads tab and tap on it to play.15. Now you can move the video to your iPhone by accessing the Documents page, selecting Downloads and then tapping on the 3-dotted icon located just below the video. Select Share. Tap on Save to Files > Choose a folder > Choose Add > Access the Files app > Choose the folder containing your video > Select the Share icon > Save Video.
On another matter, if you want to know more about the best browsers in 2020, click here.
|A Stress-Free Method of Sending Extremely Large Files & Folders Online
|Are you looking to send a large file or folder online in a fast, secure and hassle-free manner? Check out FileWhopper, a dedicated platform with great features that can give you the best data sharing experience. Developed by a Microsoft Partner, FileWhopper is a trusted platform that lets users send files and folders of any size at a reasonable price. You don’t have to buy ridiculous monthly plans as FileWhopper gives you a one-off price quote based on the size of the large file or folder to be sent. The platform allows users to upload files and folders of any size. To top that, the uploaded content is securely kept on FileWhopper’s servers for 14 days. It is available for download to the preferred recipient(s) before being deleted permanently. However, in case circumstances require a longer time frame, the period can be extended to up to 90 days upon request. Here is how FileWhopper works:|
|✔️ Choose the large file or folder you wish to share and get a price quote based on its size.
✔️ Download and install the tiny FileWhopper app to upload your large file or folder fast and securely.
✔️ Copy the link to the uploaded large file or folder and share it with the intended recipient(s) securely. You can send it to one Windows user by default, but you can easily increase the number of recipients to 6 people in total if need be.
✔️ Share the password needed to decrypt the sent file or folder with the recipient(s).