Are you tired of the long waits when moving photo files from your phone to PC? We know the fastest file transfer methods. Ready? Let’s start! We know how to make the process of transferring files from phone to computer a piece-of-cake kind of task.
Transfer Files From Android Phone to Mac
Android File Transfer is a very good option for transferring files from an Android phone to an Apple computer.
First, you need to get a cord with micro-USB on one side and any type of input your computer accepts on the other side. This can be a regular USB port, Thunderbolt, or the latest USB-C models.
Please note that using a cheap cord can negatively impact the transferring process. So you need to get a high-quality cord and moving photos from your phone to an Apple computer will only require the following steps:
- Download Android File Transfer
- Connect your phone to computer
- Copy all files that you need to the desktop or another folder on your Mac
How to send large photo files from Android phone to Windows PC
If you have Android phone and need to transfer files to Windows PC, no special software is required. Easily use the cord that came with your phone.
- Connect your phone to your computer with a cord that has micro-USB on one side and USB on the other, which should have come with your phone
- Allow access to the data on your phone
- A pop-up will appear on your PC and you’ll be able to choose from several options. Now you can find and import all the files you need
Tip: Usually photos are stored in the DCIM > Camera folder
There is another option available that does not require you to use a cord, and you need Windows 10 to go wireless. All you need is to set up the Microsoft Phone Companion app and follow the instructions.
Transfer Large Files from iPhone to Mac
Apple makes it really easy to use all their devices with each other. Follow these steps if you want to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac:
- Connect iPhone and Mac using the cord. Note: you might need an adapter if you have a newer Apple computer.
- Unlock your iPhone and confirm that the connected device is safe
- Your Photos app should launch automatically. Now you can choose how you want to import your files
- Alternative option: drag and drop files from your phone to Mac.
Tip: After connecting, open a Finder window on your Mac and click on ‘iPhone’ to access all files.
One additional wireless option for Apple users is Airdrop. If you’re going from Android to Mac, try the AirDroid app. You’ll need an AirDroid account, the devices you’re transferring photos between to be on the same Wi-Fi network, and have AirDroid installed to both devices.
Follow these steps for transferring files from iPhone to Mac with Airdrop:
- Enable Airdrop on your Mac
- Click Airdrop in the left navigation panel
- Turn on Bluetooth
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone and find the pictures you want to transfer. Click the Share icon
- If Airdrop isn’t enabled on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > AirDrop. By the way, this is also where you can control who is able to see your device
Another way to transfer files from iPhone to Mac is to use iCloud. iCloud helps to store all of your files in one cloud space, to which you can connect any of your Apple devices.
How to Transfer Large Files from iPhone to Windows PC
Moving pictures from an iPhone to Windows PC isn’t very difficult, but you should have iTunes installed. You can get iTunes from Windows Store for free.
- Connect iPhone to Windows PC with a USB cable (with an adapter, if needed)
- Tap ‘Trust this computer’ to allow access to files on your phone
- On Windows PC open the Photos app (the Start button -> Photos). Then you need to choose Import -> From a USB Device -> Choose your phone
- Select which photos you want to import
How to Transfer Files Using Email
An alternative option, if you need to transfer just one or two photos, is to use an email app. There would be no need in any cords or adapters, but this method only works for small-size files. Email service providers have a size limit on attachments.
- Open any type of an email app you use
- Type your own email address as the recipient
- Click the paperclip icon to attach all photos
- Send the email
If later you need to transfer large files from pc to pc, try FileWhopper. It is a super-easy and fast way to securely transfer large-size files to yourself or anyone.