WhatsApp has significantly improved the way we communicate and especially the sharing of multimedia messages. Since being introduced, the app took over where Messenger had seemingly succeeded and became the app of convenience that we all never knew we needed. Sharing multimedia content with friends, especially as the events are happening or right afterwards, has made life more interesting and sharing easier.
However, WhatsApp limits the file size to 16 MB for each multimedia file shared. There is a way of bypassing this size limit and managing to send videos that are larger than 16 MB via WhatsApp.
To send large videos via WhatsApp, one can use file converting applications. Convert your videos into smaller formats and then share them as small files. You need a video conversion app, even the simplest one, to be able to convert multimedia into smaller formats and send on WhatsApp. You might have to download more than one app, retry until you get one that works best on your device.
If you don’t want to lose video quality when compressing videos, the tool like WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe be a good option. This program assists you to resize video by adjusting video format, codec, bit rate, frame rate, aspect ratio, etc. On average, it can reach over 90% compression ratio when compressing an HD video to MP4 (HEVC codec). Besides, you can remove the unnecessary parts from the video with its inbuilt video editor.
Sending Videos Via WhatsApp
Read on to learn how best to share multimedia on WhatsApp, you can send from your iPhone, Android or even Windows system. Use the appropriate method to get the job done.
1. Sending Multimedia Larger than 16 MB on WhatsApp using Windows
To send big videos on WhatsApp while using a Windows OS, follow the steps:
- Go to the Windows Store and download the WhatsApp Video Optimizer app.
- Open the app once installed, then select the video you’d like to convert.
- Change the conversion preferences and settings to the desired specifications and convert.
- After conversion, go to WhatsApp, find the person you want to share the video with and send the converted version with good quality but smaller size.
2. Sending Multimedia Larger than 16 MB on WhatsApp using Android
When sending a big video on WhatsApp from an Android device:
- Go to the Android PlayStore and download a free video converter app that is able to trim MP4, 3GP, MKV and other formats.
- Once a video converter app has been successfully installed, open it and select the video that needs to be converted. Some apps come with the option of batch compression; this saves time as you can trim more than two videos at a go.
- Select the specs that allow the video to be compressed to a size below 16 MB. After selecting the desired size and resolution, go ahead and compress your video(s).
- Compressed videos are saved in the gallery either under a new folder or as duplicates of the original. You can select them from the gallery and share on WhatsApp.
3. Sending Multimedia Larger than 16 MB on WhatsApp using iPhone
Also, there are apps for iOS users to convert and send videos larger than 16 MBs.
- Visit the iStore and search for a video converter app that’s free from the store.
- After successful installation, open your app and access the videos from your gallery.
- Select the video that needs to be compressed and alter the size and resolution to fit the specs you need.
- After compression, the video is saved in your Photos gallery and ready to be shared in its smaller version.
Basic Information to Keep in Mind
Converting or compressing longer videos to send them on WhatsApp is legal. As long as you are not distributing material that has been marked as abusive or illegal, you can compress as many videos as you want and send them if they are smaller than 16 MB. File conversion might take long because of several reasons, such as the app selected or the type of device being used for the conversion, as well as the file size. The bigger the video, the longer it takes to complete the conversion. You can also try and find the best app by downloading and testing them out until you finally get one that is responsive and that you can easily use for video conversions.
|Skip File Conversion by Using FileWhopper|
|Looking to send videos bigger than 16 MB over a secure connection?
Did you know, you can now share large videos without the added stress of compression or video conversion. If you have tried out the free or even paid video transfer services and found them to be problematic, you can now use a professional service to send files. With FileWhopper, you only pay-as-you-use and there are no extra charges attached to the service. Upload your video to the site, and FileWhopper will check the size and calculate the amount to be paid for their services. Once uploaded, you get a link that can be shared and the video can be downloaded by your recipient. If you are sending multimedia with important content, consider the services of FileWhopper and only pay for used space.